Month: November, 2015
Friday, November 20, 2015
DATE: November 20, 2015
TO: ALL LOCAL MEDIA
FROM: MARK SWENDSEN, CHAIR
CACS BOARD OF DIRECTORS
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Boys & Girls Club of the Capital Area has received a $50,000 contribution from Larry Ness and his team at First Dakota National Bank in Pierre. Mark Swendsen, Chair of the Capital Area Counseling Board, which oversees the Club says, “Mr. Ness and the people at First Dakota National have made a wonderful gift to the children of Pierre. We are very thankful for their generosity”.
The contribution will be used as part of the match for a challenge made last year by Mansour Karim to build an endowment fund for the Boys & Girls Club of the Capital Area.
Tad Perry, CACS Board member and the Club’s Chief Volunteer Officer states, “This is a tremendous gift from our community's newest bank and its leadership. Having a community partner who is committed to making this a better place for our next generation is exceptional. Mr. Ness, Bob Clair, Karl Adams and all of the First Dakota National Bank family are going to be a wonderful asset to the Pierre-Fort Pierre Community."
Thursday, November 19, 2015
BGCCA has several fundraisers annually to support the Club. We encourage parents/guardians to consider supporting BGCCA, a non-profit organization, through the following fundraisers and campaigns...
- United Way Campaign in September for the upcoming calendar year...when asked, please contribute as BGCCA is a Partner Agency.
- Hegg Brothers Holiday Jam Concert in December...purchase tickets at $20 each.
- Great Futures MEGA Raffle...sales begin in December for monthly prizes during the upcoming calendar year...purchase tickets for $100 each.
- Pierre/Ft Pierre Exchange Club Pancake Feed in February...purchase tickets at $4 each.
- IJTO (It Just Takes One) BGCCA annual campaign in April...any donation is appreciated.
- Harley Davidson raffle in June...purchase tickets at $50 each.